SANTA CLARA, Calif. - The San Francisco 49ers have signed injured defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey to a two-year contract extension through the 2016 season. Dorsey, 29, is sidelined with a torn left biceps muscle that required surgery. He was injured Aug. 1, but hasnt been ruled out for the season. He is expected to miss significant time after arriving for training camp as the projected starting nose tackle. The 49ers announced the deal Tuesday afternoon, a few hours after coach Jim Harbaughs news conference. Dorsey is entering his seventh NFL season out of LSU. In 16 games with 13 starts last season in his first year with the Niners, Dorsey had 41 tackles and two sacks. By San Franciscos own count, his 100 tackles were a career high. "Glenn is a true pro who has quickly become a valued contributor to our organization both on and off the field," general manager Trent Baalke said. "He is a quick study and a very good football player that has earned this extension, and we look forward to his future contributions." Losing Dorsey was a devastating blow 11 months after 2013 starting nose tackle Ian Williams went down with a season-ending ankle injury in a Week 2 loss at Seattle. Dorsey quickly emerged as a reliable replacement and stabilizing force for the defensive line. Williams is making significant progress now that he has been activated from the physically unable to perform list. "Obviously, very disappointed for Glenn and him personally," defensive co-ordinator Vic Fangio said after the injury. "He was in great shape. Played great for us last year. Got better and better for us as the season went on last year and was looking even better this year. I feel bad for him. I feel bad for us that we wont have him for a while. Well just move on and get the rest of the guys ready." Dorsey joins a long list of players on the teams vaunted defence who will be around for the coming seasons, including star linebackers Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman and Ahmad Brooks. Cheap Nike Shoes China Free Shipping . The stress, the waiting, the whispers about whether he doped during his stellar cycling career, all of it ended when - after nearly two years - federal prosecutors closed an investigation of him last week without bringing any charges. Authentic Wholesale Nike Shoes .C. Lions 35-14, was named the CFLs offensive player of the week Tuesday. Sheets recorded his ninth 100-yard rushing performance of the season to tie the Riders club record. http://www.wholesaleshoesnike.com/ . The D-Backs came into being in 1998 and appear destined to finish second in the AL West after the Tsunami that is the Los Angeles Dodgers swept over them. I thought it might be interesting to see what the D-backs have done over their 16 years compared to what the Blue Jays have done over their past 16 campaigns. Cheap Nike Shoes Online Free Shipping .The Canadiens will visit the Boston Bruins at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass., on New Years Day 2016, taking hockeys oldest rivalry outside.It was special in 2010 just to be there with the history behind Fenway Park and all that, Bruins centre Patrice Bergeron said. Wholesale Nike Shoes China Paypal . While he was away, it was the division-rival Baltimore Orioles conducting a little business of their own, scooping up Ubaldo Jimenez on Monday evening to a reported four-year, $50-million contract.He arrived to great fanfare at Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport on a warm Sunday evening back in late May, 2012. He departs to league wide critical acclaim at Saputo Stadium Saturday afternoon. In his time in Montreal Marco Di Vaio has mesmerised opponents, mentored the homegrown talent which the Impact Academy has harvested, whilst all along nurturing and nourishing the club’s Major League Soccer roots as he went. Instilling fear and admiration with opponents in equal measures Di Vaio defines what MLS set out to do when introducing 2007’s Beckham Rule. Simply put Di Vaio is the quintessential Designated Player. The mutual adulation with the club’s supporters is a wonder to hold. As were so many of the goals the natural born predator potted for the cause. Through wind, rain, or sleet, Di Vaio so often lit up the darkest of night time Stade Saputo skies. Fiercely competitive on the pitch, charismatic beyond belief off it. He will be celebrated forever more. Since the Impact set out on the search for MLS game-changer when first awarded the franchise in spring 2010 - the likes of Nicolas Anelka, David Trezeguet, Michael Ballack, even Alessandro Del Piero were all passed over in favour of a 35-year old native Roman. Club President Joey Saputo could not have wished for more. His patience and perseverance surely tested through a two year process which would finely pay off following his and Nick De Santis’ encounter with Di Vaio on a snowy Bolgona day back in early February, 2012. Di Vaio, though, previously disclosed to TSN.ca he was not immediately Montreal and MLS smitten during lead up phone calls ahead of that meeting. I met Joey and Nick in Italy when I was playing with Bologna before that I spoke with them two or three times but I was not convinced to go and play in MLS, he said. After I met with Joey and Nick I [made] the decision to come. I understood them as two very good guys, They convinced me when I met them in Italy. We spoke about the life, the kids everything and afterwards I made the decision to come. Arriving at the mid-point of the 2012 season Di Vaio struggled. Psychologically and physiologically scarred from a gruelling relegation battle with Bologna, Di Vaio was unable to replicate his goal scoring form that in large part secured Serie A survival for Bologna as a member of the Impact. Through 17 appearances he only managed to score five goals. Di Vaio took it personally. Lessons learned he arrived into town well ahead of the opening of 2013’s training camp. Di Vaio felt he owed Joey Saputo, the club and supporters for his meagre output and disjointed performances of 2012. Rightfully amongst the MVP candidates on the back of a rare MLS milestone of a 20-goal season, an MLS AAll-Star appearance and a first playoff position for the Impact heralded quite the repayment.dddddddddddd All that came crashing down, though, in the Houston horror that unfolded in that solitary playoff match, which ultimately concluded for Di Vaio a few minutes before the final whistle. A completely out-of-character verbal and physical encounter with several Houston players rightfully led to Di Vaio’s dismissal. Matters of the heart had disrupted Di Vaio during summer 2013 leading to a July return home to tend to family matters. For an extended period there was a deepening uncertainty one of the leading scorers in modern Serie A history would return for his option year. It was only late in the season that all the anxious uncertainty evaporated with the club announcing last October that Di Vaio would indeed grace MLS pitches through 2014. Suspended for the first three games, Di Vaio marked his return with the equalizer down in the city of brotherly love. The club however didn’t ever recover from a winless seven-match start to the campaign. Klopas was always up against it to affect an immediate return to the playoffs. The spiral in league form which sees the Impact finishing as Eastern Conference cellar-dwellers this season was more than made up for in the season’s two other competitions. We saw the Impact retain the Voyageurs Cup and - courtesy of Di Vaio’s goals and inspired form - a return next February to the knock out stages on the CONCACAF Champions League. Although no medals will have been awarded for last Saturday’s gutsy performance and draw in Toronto - which led to the Impact’s nearest and not-so-dearest missing the playoffs for an eighth straight season certainly adds to the 2014 folklore, as does the arrival of Ignattio Piatti whose performances since his August arrival have rejuvenated Di Vaio. In doing so ensured the Impact legend in waiting bows out. In his penultimate performance at Saputo Stadium the crowd were treated to a Di Vaio brace which would have graced any league on planet futbol. What Saturday afternoon holds when Davy Arnaud’s Eastern Conference champions D.C. United pay a visit is not certain. What is certain is there will be very few dry eyes at the final whistle as Di Vaio bows out from a very distinguished playing career. Surrounded by family and childhood friend Alessandro Nesta it will be a very emotional Di Vaio who would likely be willing to shake hands with every single spectator gathered but will likely opt for the microphone and PA system to bid his fond farewells. Au Revoir. Grazie, Marco. Noel.Butler@BellMedia.ca @TheSoccerNoel Di Vaio’s farewell - Montreal Impact vs. DC United can be heard live on TSN Radio Montreal 690 at 4pm et/1pm pt. ' ' '